Employers have a duty to provide their employees with a safe work environment. Section 21 of the Workers Compensation Act states that employers must remedy any workplace condition that is hazardous to the health or safety of their employees. It is therefore prudent...
Today, Monday April 6, 2020, a revised British Columbia Workers' Compensation Act, RSBC 2019, c. 1 came into force (the "Revised Act"). The Revised Act is reorganized and intended to be easier to read. Parts of the former legislation were 100 years old and in need of...
- What makes wage differences based on sex a human rights claim?
- Due Diligence and Identifying Workplace Hazards
- Workplace bullying and harassment: what British Columbia employers and employees should know
- Frontline McDonald’s workers victims of customer violence
- Key Considerations for Employers when Conducting Terminations