Uniquely complex legal issues and considerations arise in connection with the employment of senior executive employees. At Overholt Law LLP, we understand that senior executives need specialized advice that reflects the significant benefits—and obligations—associated with these important roles.
Unique Solutions for All Situations
We provide comprehensive services to both organizations and individual senior executives in relation to executive compensation. We provide advice on a wide range of matters including:
- Drafting and reviewing:
- Complex compensation packages and offers of employment
- Independent contractor and consulting agreements
- Restrictive covenants (non-competition, non-solicitation, non-disclosure)
- Confidentiality agreements
- Change of control clauses
- Severance packages
- Post-employment obligations for fiduciary employees
- Termination of employment and wrongful dismissal for officers and directors
- Employment issues arising for senior executives in the event of insolvency, mergers and acquisitions
Our lawyers have extensive experience advising both organizations and individual executives on matters related to executive compensation. Our lawyers have advised a variety of clients in matters related to executive compensation, including:
- Senior management of large regional and national private companies
- C-suite executives building successful new ventures in science and technology
- Upper management of labour unions, First Nations, and non-profit organizations
- Companies recruiting, or looking to retain, senior executives
We have the experience and confidence to provide our clients the best advice available at any given stage. We pride ourselves on our ability to negotiate the resolution of complex employment disputes on strong, confidential terms of settlement. However, where litigation is required to protect our clients’ varied interests, we do not hesitate to assert claims before adjudicators and the Courts.
Book An Appointment With Our Lawyers
To contact the lawyers at Overholt Law LLP please call 778-653-7561 or 877-296-1161. You may also contact our team online to schedule your consultation. Our firm is located in Vancouver, and our lawyers represent clients located throughout British Columbia and beyond. We have the skills to undertake work for clients based in international locations for their legal issues that arise in British Columbia.