Salim is an Associate at Overholt Law LLP and practices in all of the firm’s practice areas including labour relations, employment, human rights, occupational health and safety, and privacy law.
Salim strongly believes that successful conflict resolution requires a creative and client-focused approach. If litigation becomes required, Salim ardently advocates for the rights of his clients.
While he was born and raised on the North Shore, Salim attended law school in Ontario, where upon graduation, he was recognized as the graduating student in labour and employment law in his class. He was called to the Bar by the Law Society of Ontario in 2018 after articling with a prominent civil litigation boutique. While in Ontario, Salim practiced in a variety of disciplines, including corporate commercial transactions, and labour and employment law, which has always been his passion. He returned home to Vancouver in 2021 to continue his career with Overholt Law LLP.
When he is not in the office, Salim enjoys exploring the outdoors; skiing at Whistler in the winter, and hiking in the summer.
- Law Society of Ontario, 2018
- Law Society of British Columbia, 2021
- University of British Columbia, 2014; B. Comm
- University of Windsor, Faculty of Law, 2017, J.D.
Honours and Awards
- McTague Law Firm Award, Windsor Law Class of 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of British Columbia, 2021-Present
- Law Society of Ontario, 2018-2020
- Canadian Bar Association
- Employment Law
- Labour Relations Law
- Human Rights Law
- Professional Discipline
- Workers’ Compensation Law – OH&S Lawyers
- Corporate Governance, Fiduciary Duties And Shareholder Disputes
- Privacy And Freedom Of Information
- Pension And Benefits
Latest Blog Post
Many employees and their employers in British Columbia have been at odds about the need for accommodations due to circumstances brought about by the pandemic. A recent Ontario Human Rights Tribunal case involving an employee’s request for accommodation for childcare...